Arts in Health Research Intensive at the University of Florida
January 29 - February 2, 2018
Presented by the University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine and the Arts Health Early Career Research Network
The Arts in Health Research Intensive is designed to provide a rich introduction to the field of arts in health and fundamentals in evaluation and research. Across five days, participants will:
- explore the development and scope of the field
- consider the physiological, social and behavioural impacts of the arts in a health context
- analyse research and evaluation methodologies that underpin the field
- learn about practicalities, issues and methods in arts in health research
- engage in group-based discussions, program and protocol development, and presentation
This course is suitable for anyone with a background or interest in the arts, healthcare, community health or social care, and research, and who wishes to learn more about the field and meet others who share their interests. No research experience is necessary, and all levels of experience are welcome.
The program includes one week of on-site programming at the University of Florida and a set of online modules designed to be completed prior to the program.
Dr. Daisy Fancourt, University College London, UK; Director, Arts Health Early Career Research Network
Dr. Judy Rollins, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida; College of Medicine, Georgetown University
Jill Sonke, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
- To register online click here.
- Program Fees: $920 for professionals, $650 for students. A 10% early-registration discount will apply for registrations recieved prior to November 8, 2017.
- 2018 Research Intensive Schedule
- Accommodations: A discounted rate of $85 per night is available at the beautiful Camelia Rose Inn (including continental breakfast).
For more information, contact the Center for Arts in Medicine at CAM@arts.ufl.edu or call 352.733.0880